DAY 365: Take an inventory of how you’ve grown artistically and professionally, and make long-term plans to keep growing in the next year.
Well, this will be my final consistent blog post. I have decided to only post next year when I want to share something funny. No more doing it because I have to do it. Sure it challenges me and I enjoyed making myself write everyday, but I have noticed that 2012 was quite good for me in 5 ways:
1. Professionally - MJW Careers had a banner year and I’m excited to get back to it after completing the Archdale feature.
2. Mentally - I haven’t felt this good since the Cleveland days. Peace of mind is priceless! It’s nice to have a path you want to achieve.
3. Artistically - I finally registered a script with the WGA. It felt good. Now this upcoming year I have bigger goals with the scripts.
4. Physically - Lost 80 pounds this year. Bout damn time.
5. Spiritually - I am back to church and loving it. We rarely skip Mass now and it feels wonderful.
1. Acting projects. Nothing. And I mean nothing! After a personal best year in 2011, nothing to note in 2012. No one’s hiring the funny fat guy in NC. I did do 2 plays, but that don’t pay. Fun though and good space to play.
2. Job Hunting book. Should be done. It WILL be done in 2013.
3. Vision Breeze 2012 projects. However, fired up about 2013 with our new direction and focus on music stuff. So we are making Archdale in spring. Music stuff in summer. New feature film in fall. Gonna be a good year for the team. It must be better than 2012 for it to succeed.
Now onto my 6 main focus points this year (and I’ve said this before), but I’ve learned in 2012 that I need to focus my efforts in 2013 on key items:
1. MJW Careers - as soon as we finish Dale Archdale feature, I am ready to roll. Marketing, sales calls, conventions, finishing the job hunting book, participating in more LinkedIn forums, targeting seminars at colleges, finding more 3rd party resume writing and outplacement firms to work with, getting my name out there! Woowee I can’t wait! Which brings me to number 2.
2. Dale Archdale. January - March are slammed with ole Dale. A $12K investment, so it’s a big deal to me. I will make time during the week to work on post-production stuff and start researching distribution. Goal is to have it done with editing by end of 2013, so I can move onto film festival submissions in 2014.
3. 3 Screenplays. Finished 2 in 2012. 3 for 2013. Sue Happy. King Zar Part II in our series. Not sure what number 3 will be. Maybe Dale Archdale 2? Maybe something else on my ideas list. We’ll see. But need to finish 3.
4. Hitman play with Kilby. Have it ready for a fall or winter run at a local theater.
5. Agent Lit kit - still work on it and keep adding things to it. But really focus on knocking out TV pilot, TV spec and organizing the actual kit. Get ready to submit to possible agents in 2014.
6. Vision Breeze. C’mon wit it, mayne.
6A. Improv. Still teach class. I enjoy doing it and I learn a lot all the time being there.
Cheers to a good 2013 and I’ll see ya when I see ya.