DAY 162: Update your contact lists. Drop people a line to check in and make sure your info is current.Done.
DAY 158: Research and make contact with four new markets for your work.
Screen Gems - I got hired on a movie as a Production Assistant and now have some new contacts at the movie studio in Wilmington.
Movie Guys - My friend and director is moving to Wilmington on Thursday and he is bringing some talented folks with him. I’m pumped to meet them and start working on projects with them.
Millenia Funk’n - Local band I am working on a video for and can maybe provide some music to future productions. Check em out, they’re real talented!
Lemmonjello Smiff Guys - There was this film festival. In it was the funniest film there about an ex-NBA player. The guys who made it wanna work on something together. So when my Director buddy gets here, it’s gonna get real busy!
DAY 128: Research and make contact with four new potential markets for your work.
1. Improv Troupe Members - We are officially an improve troupe and I have networked with some other folks looking to be apart of it. More details coming in June about the project.
2. Susan Savia - She provided some music for my short film “Change” and has asked me to do a music video for her. This will be a new experience that I’m looking forward to doing.
3. Madden Meiners/Jeff Branch - Fellow filmmakers I met at the Cape Fear Film Fest and are interested in collaborating on a short film project.
4. Oliver Mellan - Local filmmaker that produces some interesting short films for a local company.
DAY 97: Research and make contact with three new potential markets for your comedy.
1. Jeff - He books standup comedians in Wilmington. Did a set last week as a “tryout” and he invited me to perform each Thursday @ 6:00 @ Barista Cafe in downtown Wilmington and I will be heading directly to the Nutt Street Comedy Room after that to perform at 9:00. Come see me foo!
2. Sean - Fellow standup comedian from my hometown. Funny ass dude and he will be acting in my upcoming film, “Capturing Smell”.
3. Olivia - Crew. She reached out to me for coffee and I’m interested to meet with her as I am trying to put together our crew for the “Dale Archdale: Private Dick to the Stars” feature film set for principal photography in November 2012.
DAY 68: Update your contact lists. Drop industry people a line to check in and make sure your info is current.
Since this is a non-creative task, here’s some funny memes.
DAY 65: Research and make contact with four new potential markets for your work.
1. Neal Brennan - Stand-Up Comedian/Writer/Director - The very same guy I saw on Friday perform stand-up is a new contact for me. Still feeling like an idiot for getting called out (read yesterday’s post for the story), I decided to post on Neal’s Facebook wall. I said “I was the guy who got carried away last night and was ‘too enthusiastic’ been a fan for years love Totally Awesome. Good show prick”. He wrote back in a message “I appreciate you coming out. Sorry if I was a little short with you. A few of my jokes got fucked up by people yelling out. Makes it harder to focus. Again, sorry. And I really appreciate your support. I’m really not a prick.” Needless to say, I took the opportunity to send him 2 short Archdale perfume and cologne commercials, so hopefully it will garner something…anything.
2. Randy - He is friends with Sandra Bullock. I met this dude during a commercial shoot this past week, drank some beers with him, and came to find out he went to college with “Sandy” and not only that, they were very good friends. We’ll see where this goes, but I am not going to get excited. Never can in this business.
3. Local Filmmaker - Been engaged in conversation with a local filmmaker whom is interested in putting my Dale Archdale character into his web-series.
4. Acting Coach - Met with an acting coach this week who is interested in implementing our Wilmington Improvisation course into her school. I would continue to teach our current classes on top of this new night. We locked it up this past week and it’s official. New client is always nice.
I decided to post another old prank phone call video. It is an actual recording that a job candidate left for a recruiter friend of mine.