DAY 226: Write a very funny letter to the editor.
Dear ESPN the Magazine - This has nothing to do with you, but I don’t know how to get in touch with your TV station programmer, but wanted to take out my frustrations on you. Regarding your flagship show, SportsCenter, I wish to express the following concerns:
1. There are more NFL teams besides the Broncos and Jets.
2. There are more NFL players besides Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.
3. No one cares about NBA shit, especially during the summer. Trades and shit? Yeah, no one cares. We would rather have live look-ins of training camps (again. besides the Jets and Broncos) and more Olympic coverage, but you screwed the pooch on that one. Oh, Dwight Howard might go here. Lebron James was spotted here. Nash this, Joe Johnson that. Care a lot, ESPN, a lot.
4. If you want to provide us with top quality sporting news, please have your anchors not be annoying. A list of the worst in order: John Buccigross, Sage Steel, Chris McKendry, *Chris Berman, Linda Cohn, **Trey Wingo.
*was cool when I was 12 (since has lost all cool)
**never was cool
5. Get rid of Erin Andrews. Her voice sounds like bad cartoon. Does she play the teacher in Charlie Brown?
6. Please put efforts into not repeating shit all day long. C’mon man!
7. Please lock the gates on Herm Edwards (the comedian) and Merril Hoge (the most unbiased, not in your face, non-Steelers fan).
8. Do more ESPN commercials.
9. Please have a VO actor dub all of Tim Kirchen’s dialogue.
10. Deliver more news about Cleveland (OK, now I sound like Hoge too).
That is probably only half the shit, but I gotta go watch SportsCenter.